Back to Resource Centers
User adoption is the key challenge with new collaboration technology. Seriously, the technology is simple in comparison, and with the shift to cloud computing, it's becoming a non-issue.
But how do you get people to give up current ways of working - approaches and technologies - and embrace new ways of working?
Explore my work on User Adoption.
Strategies for User Adoption
- Michael wrote the book on strategies for user adoption. See User Adoption Strategies: Shifting Second Wave People to New Collaboration Technology - now in its second edition.
- Seamless Teamwork is a book, but it's also an example of a user adoption strategy. Learn about using real-to-life scenarios to help business users understand what's possible with SharePoint.
- IT frequently cannot help end users understand what's possible with new technology. Who spans the divide between the opportunities afforded by new technology and the needs and requirements of people in the organization?
- Lotus Connections brings new capabilities for end users. What should organizations do to encourage user adoption of these new capabilities?
- Sticks, carrots, or greater utility. Which philosophy and approach to user adoption yields the best long-run gains?
Survey Data on User Adoption
- How are organizations using SharePoint approaching user adoption? Discover the most commonly used strategies, and learn about those that are most effective.
- How are organizations using Central Desktop approaching user adoption? Learn about the most commonly used, and the most effective adoption strategies, from a survey of over 200 Central Desktop client organizations.
Current Thinking on User Adoption
- What are the current discussions and happenings on the theme of user adoption? See Michael's blog for the latest news and articles around the Web.
- What happens when vendors change their minds about new functionality? Is there a user adoption challenge.